Information on data protection
Name: INSTITUTE OF BREAST CANCER CENTER, S.L. (hereinafter IBCC).
Postal address: Gran Vía de Carlos III 86-5a, 08028 Barcelona.
Tel: +49 93 550 4848
What do we use your data for?
IBCC gathers the following personal data for the purposes indicated:
- Patient data: The data provided by patients will be used exclusively for the purpose of medical treatments and/or the management of healthcare services, generating the medical history of each patient (progression, follow-up and discharge). In the event that any of the services are aimed at children under the age of 14, the consent of the parents or guardians will be sought prior to recording the personal data of the minor. Scientific research: Your data may be processed for scientific purposes, in compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Worker data: The personal data of workers and employees will be used exclusively for managing their working relationship with IBCC.
- Applicant data: If you send us your CV or attend job interviews on our premises, your data will be used to cover possible job vacancies. If you are hired, your personal data will be used exclusively for managing your working relationship with IBCC.
How long do we keep your data?
The personal data provided by patients will be kept for as long as a mutual interest exists in maintaining the goal of treatment. When they are no longer required for that purpose, they will be processed in accordance with the criteria of storage and deletion set out in Law 21/2000 of 29 December on Patient Autonomy, which provides that clinical data must be stored for a period of ten years from the last point in the care journey. Once this period has elapsed, the data must be deleted using appropriate security measures to guarantee their pseudonymisation or total destruction.
The consent of the data subject constitutes the legal grounds for processing data for scientific purposes.
Work and employment data will be kept for the duration of the working relationship, and thereafter for the period necessary to deal with any breaches of duty in that relationship.
If you have sent us your CV or attended an interview for a job vacancy, we will store your personal data for one year. After that period, if you have not been selected, your data will be deleted from our systems.
IBCC will process patient data in order to fulfil the contractual relationship. Should our patients be physically or legally incapable of giving their consent, the legal grounds for data processing will be the vital interest and in any event the processing is necessary in order to provide healthcare services in the context of a contract with a healthcare professional bound by professional secrecy.
Workers’ data will be processed for the purpose of fulfilling the contractual relationship.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties except in the event of legal obligation, vital interest or prior consent by the data subject, and then only in the cases and to the recipients set out below:
– Given that patients may have an insurance contract under which a third party (e.g. insurance carrier, mutual insurance firm, public administration, or even those of third parties in the case of civil liability insurance) is liable to pay for the healthcare services provided by the centre, provided that the patient provides such information, we may disclose their data to those third parties for the purpose of managing, validating, verifying and monitoring payment of the healthcare services provided, on the grounds of managing the healthcare systems and services and of Law 50/1980 on Insurance Contracts.
If you object to the disclosure of your data, the said third parties may refuse to pay for the healthcare services provided, in which case you would be required to pay the corresponding amounts, given that those parties would not be able to verify, check or validate correct invoicing by the healthcare centre for each care process.
In order to guarantee proper service provision, it is necessary for certain service providers and/or group entities to process data on behalf of the controller, as processors of your personal data. These may include, by way of example, medical, diagnostic and clinical pathology service providers.
Type of data processed:
Given name and surname.
Given name and surname.
Given name and surname.
You are entitled to:
- Access your personal data.
- Rectify your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Submit a complaint or a statement requesting the protection of your rights to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD) or the data protection agency of your autonomous region, where applicable.
- Be informed of any security breach that might affect your rights.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Portability of your personal data.
The patient is entitled to access the documentation in their medical history and obtain a copy of the data it contains.